Sunday, November 6, 2011

Weekend Update

Today is Sunday. I was really hoping to have a bit of a lazy day with the family, especially since Matt is leaving tomorrow for Florida for a few days, but as I got up this morning and looked around, there is a lot of housework to be done. So it looks like I'll be tackling that for at least a while today. Also I need to remember to move all the clocks in the house back an hour. I didn't do it last night and every time I look at the clock this morning I have that "huh?....how is it already......oh wait....." and think I'll change that when I'm done. Of course I forget by the time I'm done and move on to the next thing.

This morning Logan insisted eating his eggs with a fork all by himself. It was a little messy but I'm amazed how well he did for hardly ever holding a fork. Around the time he turned a year old I started trying to implament utensil use. He was interested in nothing but playing with them. Especially the fork. I seriously worried he was going to take an eye out so I just thought it safer to keep them out of reach for a while. But I've noticed him watching us use them intently the last few days so I thought perhaps he's ready for them. Turns out he is. Tonight we're having chowder for dinner so we'll try a toddler spoon for a bit. I know this will be so messy but he has to learn right? The biggest lesson I've learned being a parent is that every kid is on their own time table. Don't force something because "its time". If they aren't interested in what you are trying to teach, it will never happen. But learn to pay attention so that when they do become interested and are "ready" you recognize it.

Yesterday Matt spent much of the day helping out remodeling homes for battered women. He said it was awful. The houses were so gross and practically falling down and in the worst neighborhood. Literally a guy walked up to them (a lot of the shop was there) and said "You guys are doing good works. God is proud of you. I've got Crack for everybody!!".....Apparently the 1st Sgt. moved him along rather easily but still, that makes for an interesting story I guess.

Today I'm going to make a Seafood Chowder recipe that I was given by a family friend. I really hope it turns out because its the best thing I've eaten in a long time and Matt inhaled it. If it works out I'll post it here. I'm also going to need to get started on my Thanksgiving grocery list. I've started picking up the small things like broths and stuff. But a headcount is starting to come into view and I need to figure out how much of each thing I'll need. Then make the grocery list. I should really write these recipes down at some point. I'm the youngest to know all Gramme's recipes and they aren't written down anywhere...just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment