Saturday, August 6, 2011

Why is the wine gone?

Today has not been a good day. In fact the last week has been horrible. I don't know what it is but it seems to be going around. Its not just me and selfish as it is, that actually makes me feel better.

Right now I have a hell of a headache, my wine is gone and my husband and I are fighting. Which is always nice. No one ever taught him how to argue. So when we argue and I tell him whats bothering me, he takes it really personal and starts to say the meanest things to me. Borderline vebally abusive. He doesn't mean it in a mean and nasty kind of way. He just wants to shut down the conversation as fast as he can and he knows thats the way to do it. He says something that he knows will hurt my feelings so I shut down and walk away. Then after a couple hours of me giving him the cold shoulder he acts extra nice and sappy to make up for it. But I'm getting really tired of the cycle.

First I wish he would just learn to say "I'm sorry." Thats the first step. I want him to acknowledge that he was wrong and that he knows what he did/said that was wrong. Not just "my wife's pissed at me so I should say sorry for whatever it is she thinks I did." No. I want you to say I'm sorry for.... That doesn't make me less mad about what happened but it doesn't completely piss me off further the way him acting as if nothing has happened does. I've told him this repeatedly but he just doesn't seem capable of saying those two words. In the 6 years we've been together I've heard them less than a handful of time.

He needs to learn to verbalize his feelings. Instead he turns 12 and acts like a moody teenager.

So I have a headache and want to go to bed, but he's up there sleeping because he has to go into work for a couple hours in the middle of the night tonight and honestly the thought of laying up there next to him makes me want to punch him in the face. Ugh. This is what I need on top of all my stress.

I'm sure it will only help my insomnia...

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry things are so rough. I hope they get better.

    ReplyDelete