Saturday, August 13, 2011

Alarm Clock

Well now I'm exhausted. Logan's been up a whole hour and I'm ready for bed again. I was woken up this morning by sirens blaring down my street at 0345. This is never ever good. The sirens got louder and louder and then stopped at the house next door to me. Then within the next 60 seconds 4 more MP's had parked stratigically all down the street and they began systematically knocking on every door. Matt spoke to them and they said they were looking for the parents of a 3 year old little boy. We don't have a 3 yr old boy on our street so as quickly as they arrived and knocked on everyone's doors, they left. Left not a trace like they had never been here in the first place. I was certain they would wake Logan up. Not a peep. I even went up to his room to check on him to make sure he was still breathing. Thats how quiet he was with 5 sirens blaring and pounding on the door right beneath his window. He was out. Didn't so much as flinch. Thank goodness. Needless to say, I was up. No going back to bed for me.

At first I thought it may have been about the people across the street. We have strong reason to believe that he has gone Unauthorized Absence (AWOL). The MP's do a search of the house every few hours and the other day they came and knocked on my door asking that if we see any activity to call them immediately. He also told me not to engage with them at all. Well you can imagine how that set my mind at ease. I mean, what if he comes back for his stuff or something and they corner him. I'll have a shoot out in my front yard. I was glad he's not on the loose somewhere around here and thats not who they were looking for, but I'm worried for that little boy whomever he is. Was he hurt? Did he manage to get out of the house in the middle of the night and they found him wandering scared somewhere? They only searched out street, didn't go down any others so I can only imagine that being 3 he only had part of his address memorized (or the people he was staying with) and thats all they could give them to find his parents. Ugh. I can't imagine getting that knock. Thinking your son is sleeping over a at a friends house or worse that he's snug in his own bed just down the hall, and then BAM! No thank you. I would just die.

We've had a few occasions with middle of the night police. The normal drunk domestic fights that they've had to break up ( I say normal, because it appears to be what a lot of the couples in this housing development like to spend their weekend nights) and of course the soldier that used to live across the street who killed himself. There were MP's here for days after that. Its always in the middle of the night.

So I have to finish getting the house cleaned, go to the grocery store and get some side dishes made for later and start marinating the chicken. Then maybe I can sneak in an hour nap or so. If Matt has finished his chores by then....Oh and I see the next door neighbors are having a yard sale....I should get dressed and do the same to Logan so we can wander down to say hello and see what they have going on....I'm such a yard sale whore.

No comments:

Post a Comment