Saturday, January 29, 2011

The correct way to ask

I had to have a sit down with Matt today and tell him that I really need him to help pick up the slack on the house work around here. Logan is up by 6am everyday and by the time he goes to bed at 7 I'm knocked out. He takes 2 one hour long naps throughout the day and honestly I would much rather sit and be in the quiet during that time than spend it cleaning the kitchen or the bathroom. But since Matt doesn't do any housework around here I end up burning out by the end of the day or staying up way too late to finish it all. I just had to tell him that I'm drowning. As much as I would love to be the super woman who can do everything all the time, or even the martyr who can pretend that I'm able to do it all own my own but I just can't anymore. I've spent the last 7 months chasing my tail and I'm just over it. So I came to him from a place of I need help instead of a place of you don't help which is the place that I usually come at him from. And wouldn't you know it worked. He's offered to clean the kitchen every night before he goes to bed which I honestly have to say is a tremendous help. So I'm really hoping that it helps and we'll see where we go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment