Sunday, November 28, 2010

I Thought You Were Supposed to be Working??

Matt was supposed to be on CQ today. Which means he works 9am-9am. So when he left the house this morning at 830 I expected to not see him until tomorrow morning. Perhaps he'd be able to make it home for dinner tonight after Logan was in bed. But the guy he's supposed to be working with told him he had a ton of homework and studying to do so as long as Matt was back by 6 tonight, he could split for a while. So Matt walked back in the door at 1030am.

I was kind of glad he walked in the door as I was vaccuuming. I really think he thinks Logan and I just sit all cherry and happy on the couch or on the floor all day long while he's at work. Nice for him to see that house things still have to be done and Logan is cranky when he's late for a nap or a bottle.

I have to say I was really looking forward to Matt working all day today. There is something nice about a day on my own schedule and able to do whatever I want with fella. When he's around he's constantly asking what Logan needs. "Do you need to feed him, does he need to be changed? Isn't it time for him to eat soon?" Yes, d-bag, I've got this under control and I love how you ask me what I need to be doing for the kid lol. Plus with Thanksgiving, we've had 72 hours of football on TV and I just can't take anymore. I'm so glad that the season is just about over. I don't care about the stats or the players or anything else. Of course he walks in the door, changes out of his uniform and immediately picks up the remote and puts on Sportscenter. UGH!!! Thankfully he went to go sleep for a while since he will be up all night. Again, this means I can't get some of the housework done that I need to get done. Plus he's working nights all week so it means lots of daytime sleeping for him. Again, just getting in the way.

He should head back in the next couple hours and I'm just ordering chinese for dinner. No cooking for me. Even when he works nights I make dinner and stick the extra in the fridge for him when he gets home, but today he's not coming home so he's on his own for food :) Probably pack up the last of the turkey leftovers so that he can take that with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment