Monday, August 23, 2010

Martyr Mommys

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world who finds motherhood a pain in the ass from time to time. I mean really? I can't be the only person who girs tired. The only person who would love just one day that they don't smell like baby wipes and spit up. I'm so tired of people and their sanctimonious holier-than-thou comments when I mention handing the middle of the night baby duties over to my husband for a day. "mommies don't gets days/nights/time off..." this one does. My husband takes duty at least one weekend night a week and also when he gets home from work during the week so that I can go to bed early and get some sleep before I have to get up at 1am. Yes, I'm exhausted and I'm not going to be any good to my child if I don't get some kind of sleep once in a while. I refuse to play the martyr to my kid just becasue I'm expected to put on the facade of someone who just loves being a mommy sooooo much.

First of all, I'm not a "mommy", I'm a mom. I find that people who refer to themselves as "mommy's" only do it in front of others and its mostly for show. Why are you so worried what other people think of how your going about parenthood? Stop spending your time telling everyone how much of a mommy you are and actually mother your child. I love my son, don't get me wrong, but I'm not that mother who can't bear to be away from him for more than 30 mins. I wouldn't leave my son with someone who I don't feel is capable and competant to care for him while I'm gone. So why should I feel the need to call every 20 minutes just to make sure he's still breathing?

So if you can be a super mom who never sleeps, eats or showers than good for you. But I'm human with all the faults that come with it. So you can blow it out your ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment