Wednesday, August 18, 2010

6 weeks

Another week down. I can't believe Logan is 6 weeks old already. It seems like its moved so fast, but also dragged on for months. Guess thats what sheer exhaustion will do for your sense of time management.

Logan is growing mentally and physically leaps and bounds in what seems like everyday. He's reaching for things and beginning to grab them. He can roll over from his stomach to his back but hastn't yet gotten the physics of rolling from his back to his stomach. He's almost there though. Its amazing to watch this little person grow and become aware of things for the first time. He's now enamered with the dog. He actively follows him with his eyes and when the dog comes for a sniff or two, Logan will reach out a hand. I really think they will end up being the best of friends and Matt and I will be pushed to secondary citizens in our own home.

Matt and Logan are building their relationship as well. What started out as both of them unsure about the other, has blossomed into an understanding that they aren't entirely sure how they should be going about this but they're in it together. While Matt started from a completely removed place, I'm so glad that he has taken such a hands on roll as of late with him. Let's be honest, it helps me out a great deal, but it is also giving him the chance to see the amazing things that I see happening everyday with Logan. I really think it will help them to have a stronger bond in the future.

I've started weaning Logan off breast milk and onto formula. He's taking rather well actually. A touch more fussy because he's a bit more gassy while he gets used to it but he's not having any issues digesting or anything so I'm keeping my fringers crossed. I'm noth thrilled about having to take him from nursing so soon at all, but my body seems to be done with it and I can't will it into doing someting it simpy isn't wanting to do anymore. So I'm embracing it and having a drink because now I can!

Matt and I are doing much better as well. Most days lol. We're still adjusting to being new parents and of course with that comes some ups and downs. But since my mom weas here he's really started to pick up a lot of the slack and it makes it so much easier to forgive his little annoyances. Plus I'm getting more sleep and that is always helpful to my mood.

Other than that our life is pretty boring. The few friends I have here, have husbands who were put on orders to Alaska and they will be gone by the holidays. Which suchs. A couple other girls here that I'm friendly with and would like to start a real friendship with seem to be in a hurry to get out of here too so I don't know that its even worth it to pursue it anymore. I'm not the most outgoing of people when around a new crowd so to make a friend is a big accomplishment for me and I hat that people are constantly coming and going. Especially with Matt wanting to change jobs. The Rigger field is so small that every place we go I know someone. Now that he's not going to be doing this anymore and will probably not continue to be Airborne either...who knows if we'll ever see any of these people again. Really just makes me want to pack up and go home. Don't get me wrong, I love being an Army wife. I love the sense of importance it gives Matt and he's really good at it. But the longer I'm away from home, family and friends, especially ince having Logan, the more I think if the economy didn't suck such as it does, I would tell Matt not to re-enlist and we could just go home.

We'll be home for Christmas though. Logan and I will be there a couple weeks early and Matt will follow us for the week or so of Christmas.

For now though....sleep is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment