Saturday, February 13, 2010

So we got snow this weekend. Matt was supposed to be in Florida. We got up early and I took him to the rental car place just as it was beginning to come down. We had heard we could expect up to 4 inches, so he was anxious to get out of town before it started to pour, and I was in a mad dash to make it to the hospital and have my blood drawn then to the store to get some groceries for the weekend as I don't drive in snow. I managed to get all of it done in about an hour and then just as I was pulling into housing, my phone rang. Matts mission was cancelled due to weather. Wouldn't you know it was actually snowing in Florida!

So here we sit in the house. We did end up with a good 6 inches of snow. It snowed heavy and steady all day. We took the dog out for a walk in it. He wouldn't go outside all morning. He didn't understand what it was and didn't want any part of it. Then after his walk, and after Matt and I were frozed and soaking wet, we couldn't get him to come back in the house. He just ran around with his nose buried in the snow. It was quite cute. We got some awesome pictures that will be posted soon.

Matt is glad to not have to work as he as worked every weekend lately. And he's especially glad that it happens to be a 4 day weekend. He's taking full advantage of lounging about the house in pjs. So long as no one gets into trouble this weekend we're pretty much on our own little island.

I'm feeling fine. Little growing pains but nothing compared to before. At my Dr appt last week my blood pressure was a bit high. I've always had high blood pressure but this was high even for me. So we've run some tests to rule out pre-eclampsia and I should get the results sometime next week. He's not worried about it but decided to do it as a precautionary measure. Better to know now than to be suprised by it later on. We listened to the heart beat and its going strong so that wonderful news. This was Matts first time with me at the Dr and I had the dopiest grin when we heard the heartbeat. He's going to be a mess when we have the ultrasound and he can see baby for the first time!

April's wife, Laurie has been scheduled for a c-section this Wednesday. Her dr feels that her baby is too big for her to work out on her own so he's decided to go in and get her. I know he wanted to do the operation on Friday but Laurie said that was too soon and she needed a few days to prepare. I'm just hoping that she doesn't go into labor between now and then. Not much of a choice when baby decides to come. So Allie Emma will be here within the next few days. Barb has flown down to Mexico for a week or so to help get things settled. So we'll wait to hear news from her when the baby makes her arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment