Sunday, February 28, 2010

Busy Sunday

Its Sunday morning and Matt finally has a day off of work. Of course we both have about a hundred things we need to get done today in preperation for the week ahead. He has some paperwork maintenence to attend to for his soldiers, thankfully I bought a new ink cartridge for the printer this week so he can stay home and do it. (PS- bought it on post and it was 8.99! Usually well into the $30 range for my printer) Its also time for him to get back into the yard and do some upkeep. Some of the grass is starting to overtake the back corner again. I have to go to the grocery store, my least favorite thing to do in the world. Straighten the guest room in prep for my mom next weekend. Which means braving both the comissary and the PX on pay day weekend becaue I need new pillows for that room.

Then we are both going to begin to tackle clearing out that cave of a man room Matt has. We're keeping the guest room where it is for obvious reasons. We'll have lots of visitors after the baby comes and we do occasionally have a soldier or two who aren't good to drive after hanging out here so they crash up there as well. I think the room design is cuter and would make a cuter nursery but Matt feels that its too far away from us. So the Man room it is. With our registering next weekend, things will begin to arrive and I want to be able to put them at least in their proper room instead of stacking it in a closet like I do now. He says he's been putting it off because it makes it real. Trust me its real! I'm getting kicked to prove it!

We are taking a time out to watch the US play for hockey gold against Canada this afternoon. That should take out a good 3 hour chunck from our day so we'll see how far we actually make it in the clearing out process. Our goal today is to sift through Matts clothes and move his dresser back into our room. He still has clothes from after his 1st deployment in '03. They don't even come close to fitting him anymore and will stashed in the garage.

Wednesday is finally the day that we get to find out what the hell we are having!!!!! I even got a phone call yesterday to confirm my appt so I know its there waiting for me. I'm putting my foot down for a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment