Thursday, May 19, 2011

The results are in

Looks like I have endomitriosis. I remember when I was around 17 my dr telling me that she thought I had some signs of it but couldn't be sure. I never had any issues so I forgot all about it.
I went to the GYN this week to get the results of my ultrasound and she told me that I indeed have it. The cysts on my ovaries are benign and nothing to worry about. The will eventually disolve. The problem is that as they disolve, reappear and then disolve again they are going to build scar tissue. And there is already a small amount of scar tissue in my uterus. Awesome. The dr seems to think that I had a minimal case before pregnancy, which would explain why it took 8 months to get pregnant with Logan even with all the charting and temping I was doing. But the hormones of pregnancy and post baby sent it into overdrive.
So she changed my bc pill to slow the progress. Apparently the pill I've been on since I was 16 is a tri-phasic and that is bad because its a different hormone level every week. Wacky hormones are bad. So she put me on a mono-phasic so I just have 1 hormone level all the time and that should slow it down. If we want another kid it needs to be sooner rather than later and I will likely need a hysterectomy by the age of 30. We're both pretty bummed about it. I don't want anymore kids at this point but Matt does. And neither of us are at all happy about the option being taken out of our hands. But we both agree that this is not a good time for another child at all. And we don't want to have one now just cuz we may not be able to later. Thats not smart or fair.
So for now Logan continues to be the center of our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment