Thursday, September 23, 2010

Politics

Little Fella is finally starting to sleep thru the night. I can't tell you how exciting that is for me.

I'm a firm lover of politics. I love the dynamics of it all. I love a heated debate and I won't hesitate to take you on any issue if you disagree. I stand my ground and believe me I have the information to back it up. I believe what I believe for a reason, not just because someone else said it and it sounded smart so I repeat it. Which is amazingly what I find a lot of people doing. I watch a lot of political shows. Including those of the conservative right because even though I rarely come anywhere near agreeing with them, I do like to hear what they are saying and where their points of view are coming from. I am always amazed at the number of people I hear simply repeat what Glenn Beck said the night before.

But now, I'm so over politics!!!! Things have become so polarized. By both parties. The Republicans vote no on ANYTHING put up by Democrats simply because it was from Democrats. The Democrats are doing the same. Things have always been one side vs the other but it felt like things could at least get done. A little compromise from both sides and move on to the next issue. Now nothing gets accomplished. At what point do they pull their heads out of their ass and realize that the everyday American needs them to do their job?? When do the needs of the people come before party lines and lobbyist money???

I can solve a lot of the problems they can't seem to have a civil conversation about.

Healthcare- Congress has an AMAZING healthcare plan. So my question is what makes them so much better than us? Why do they work for the US Government and get awesome healthcare while Matt works for the Government and gets Tricare?? So I say give us what you have, or you have to have what we do. I promise, Congress has to deal with Tricare for 6 months and all of America would get a decent healthcare plan because Congress would have experienced the joy of a crappy system.

Immigration- I may be a very liberal person but I think Arizona has it right when it comes to illegal immigration. I have to carry around my ID at all times. Shoot, living on a Military Post I have to carry TWO forms of identification at all times to prove I belong here...what's wrong with that? The law doesn't say they can just walk up to someone on the street and demand to see their "papers", its if they are pulled over or detained for something else. Its called a secondary offense. Also, there is ABSOLUTELY no way in hell that illegals who are already here should be given citizenship. How the hell does that DETRACT more people from coming over the boarder??? Also this Dream Act that allows kids of illegals who were born here or grew up here to get citizenship if they attend college or join the military??? Ummm...no. Sorry that your parents made a bad decision and you have to pay for it but really??? Come in through the proper channels and reap the rewards. Everyone else gets sent home.

DADT- I'm so over this. Gay Guy can die, but can't kiss his boyfriend goodbye. Whatever. Aren't Governmental jobs not allowed to discriminate for sexual preference?? My SIL is gay and works for the government and they moved her and her non-legal wife to Mexico because they are non-discriminitory employer....so this makes no sense to me. If one group isn't recognized than I shouldn't be recognized as a spouse either. Don't get me wrong, the perks are great, but as long as Logan is covered I would gladly give up mine until friends can have theirs. Mel has been with her partner for like longer than I've been alive but she gets nada....when a tag chaser can hook up with a guy and get all entitlements after a drunk trip to Vegas 3 months in to a relationship??? Again....no.

Whatever, I'm moving to Canada.

1 comment:

  1. You're not the only one waiting for the govt to wake up. I am also tired of all their BS.

    Yay for Little Fella sleeping through the night. =)

    ReplyDelete