Sunday, September 19, 2010

Rest of the Year

It's almost October people!! Why is it still in the mid-upper 90's here? Fall is my favorite season and living in the south has completely robbed me of enjoying it....*growls*

Anyway, on to other topics:

Logan's halloween costume arrived and I think it would be too big for my 17 month old niece!! Definately need to send it back and exchange for the smaller side. He's in 6 month clothes so I ordered the 6-12 month size. Apparently the measure based upon the Amazonian scale.

The rest of the year is going to be bittersweet.

October is awesome because its my birthday! 26 and man does that make me feel old. I'm on the downside to 30 and somehow I don't feel any older than 19 in a lot of ways. But its also the last month with our closest friends here and then they are on the move. Its also Logan's first Halloween so that will be fun. My brother is also deploying at some point in October. About 9 months in Afghanistan. Awesomeness.

November we are heading to Dallas for a long weekend with Matt's brother Shawn and his wife Anne. Other than Matt's mom they are the only relatives of his that I like and care to spend anytime with. It will be almost 2 years since we last saw them so we're really looking forward to catching up with them. Its also Thanksgiving. My second away from home. Last year was not bad at all. We had several friends who also opted not to go home and came to our house for dinner. Gave me my first opportunity to cook a turkey which turned out awesome thank you very much. Plus my brother was here so there was still a touch of family. This year we're staying here but those same friends will all be at their new posts and no family will be visiting. So like every other holiday here, I'll be extending an invitation to all the single soldiers who aren't going home and a couple or two who will be here too. I really hate spending holidays alone. We'll see how many we can squeeze into the house.

December is nothing but good things. We are flying home this year. After spending last year here I'm not missing another one. Not to mention its Logan's first one and with my brother gone I think my family might crack if we didn't get there. I'll be there about 16 days and Matt will hopefully only be a couple days behind me. I'm hoping for extreme rain, grey and gloom. No snow. I can't handle snow another year there. After last time when we were stranded at his parents for days, then at my parents for days it was just too much. So lots of wind and rain but if I see snow anywhere I'm dragging the space heaters out to the driveway if I have to.

I'm definately ready to head home for a visit. Its been over a year and a half since I was there last. Longer for Matt. I miss it. Definately need to make it a habit of going home at least once a year. Hopefully every 6 months or so from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment