Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Dumped by my Dr

I got a call from my Dr last night. I've been doing all of my routine tests over the last week or so and all the results were finally in so he called to let me know what the results were.

My ultrasounds all look great. Logan is looking exactly as he should. He is in the 98% for size so we're sticking with the June 25th due date. My glucose came back normal so no gestational diabetes. Which I have to admit was something I was actually really worried about. So that makes me feel better.

Then we got to the protein in the urine and I'm over the 300 parts per cut off. So even though my blood pressure is much lower since I've started taking medication for it, I'm still diagnosed Pre-eclamptic.

Since my Dr is only a 2nd year resident out of the Family Clinic, he's really only equipped to deal with low risk pregnancys. So he's refered me up to OB where they deal with the high risk patients. So now I sit waiting for a phone call from the OB clinic to schedule an appt. It also means I'll be going in for weekly checkups and tests to better manage everything. I'm bummed because I really liked my Dr. However, the universe does have a sense of humor because on Saturday I recieved a letter from Tricare stating that my PCM was leaving and I was re-assigned to the Dr I've been seeing since pregnant so I guess I'll still get to see him anyway lol.

I don't know what this means for how the rest of this pregnancy will play out, but I'm resolved not to worry or stress because that can only make things worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment